Ontario Northland has expanded its bus service westward to include Espanola, Sault Ste Marie, Wawa, White River and many communities in between. The new routes will make life easier for Northerners by connecting our passengers to hospitals and college and university campuses.
“We’re adding over 750 kilometers and 20 communities to our system,” says Tracy MacPhee, Director of Passenger Operations. “We look forward to conveniently connecting passengers where they need to be; whether for medical appointments, school, travel or family visits.”
Please visit Ontario Northland’s website (www.ontarionorthland.ca) for a full listing of bus stops and to find agency locations or call 1-800-461-8558. “We have received an overwhelmingly positive response from the communities we’ve been in contact with,” says MacPhee. “We look forward to introducing Ontario Northland’s safe and reliable motor coach service to new markets and growing our ridership.”
The expansion is part of the provincial government’s investment into improved intercommunity bus transportation in the North as announced in December 2017 by the Hon. Michael Gravelle, Minister of Northern Development and Mines, the Hon. Steven Del Duca, Minister of Transportation, and the Hon. Bill Mauro, Minister of Municipal Affairs.
Ontario Northland provides reliable transportation services throughout Northern Ontario.
Motor Coach Facts:
- 243,482 passengers travelled on Ontario Northland’s motor coaches in 2017
- Each day Ontario Northland motor coaches travel over 9,000 km – a greater distance than the distance from coast to coast!
- 75% of our motor coaches are accessible
- We employ 55 motor coach operators
- We operate our motor coach service 365 days a year meaning our coaches travel more than 3.9 million kilometres each year