The Municipality of Wawa requires School Crossing Guards within the Infrastructure Services Department. Reporting to the Director Infrastructure Services, the successful candidate will be responsible to escort school children across a roadway safely at designated school crossing locations in accordance with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Strong public relations abilities with good communication skills, including verbal and listening with the ability to follow directions and procedure.
2. Must be alert, able to maintain high degree of mental concentration, with visual and hearing ability to recognize traffic at a safe distance.
3. Ability to walk pedestrians safely across busy intersections, and react safely and quickly to traffic conditions.
4. Must be able to display a school crossing stop sign in an upright position so that it is visible to vehicular traffic approaching from each direction, and extend the other arm out parallel for one minute on a frequent basis.
5. Physically fit, with the ability to perform all physical requirements of the activities.
Must be able to perform duties outdoors in all diverse weather conditions.
All candidates that are chosen for an interview will be required to sign a release of information to allow the Municipality to contact all previous employers.
A detailed job description may be obtained at the municipal office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in a career with the Municipality of Wawa, qualified candidates are invited to submit in confidence a detailed resume with cover letter no later than noon Friday, August 24, 2018 to:
Municipality of Wawa
Human Resources – Competition 2018-06
40 Broadway Avenue, P. O. Box 500
WAWA, ON P0S 1K0
or email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Information will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.