The Municipality of Wawa requires a Water and Sewer Assistant within the Infrastructure Services Department. Reporting to the Director Infrastructure Services, the successful candidate will be responsible to maintain the daily operation, maintenance and repair of municipal water/waste water facilities and distribution systems in the Lead Hand absence and will assist the Lead Hand in Water and Sewer duties as required. Ensure the compliance with treatment standards as mandated by Ministry of Environment and municipal by-laws to maintain an efficient and safe operation of water and sewer service to the residents and visitors of this municipality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must have or willing to obtain a valid “DZ” driver license.
2. Must be a Grade 12 graduate.
3. Must be in good physical condition.
4. Mechanical repair knowledge and aptitude.
5. Must be able to work overtime/shift work when requested.
6. Ability to operate all department equipment including excavation equipment (i.e. backhoe, loader).
7. Required to perform physical labour.
8. Must have a minimum three (3) years of water and sewer experience. Maintain proper certification (Level 1 water distribution and supply, level 1 waste water collection, level 2 Water Treatment), to be qualified to operate drinking water distribution system and a sewage treatment system.
9. A thorough knowledge of the water and sewer equipment, materials and monitoring requirements.
10. Ability to analyze information from reports, logs and chemical analysis.
All candidates that are chosen for an interview will be required to sign a release of information to allow the Municipality to contact all previous employers.
A detailed job description may be obtained at the municipal office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wage and benefit package is in accordance with USW collective agreement.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit cover letter and resume in confidence no later than 4:00 p.m. June 1st, 2018 to:
Human Resources – Competition 2018-04
Municipality of Wawa
40 Broadway Avenue, Box 500
Wawa, Ontario P0S 1K0
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Personal information contained in your resume is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used strictly for employment assessment purposes. The Corporation of the Municipality of Wawa is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity in the workplace.