In accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, as amended, the Municipality of Wawa is seeking applications from interested individuals to serve on the Compliance Audit Committee for the 2018 Municipal Election. The Committee will review applications for a compliance audit of any candidate who ran for election to the Municipality of Wawa Council and decide whether the application should be granted or rejected. Should the application be granted, the Committee shall appoint an auditor to conduct the compliance audit, review the auditor’s report and commence a legal proceeding against the candidate or make a finding that there were no reasonable grounds for the application.
The following criteria will be considered when appointing members:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of municipal election campaign financial rules;
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills;
- Experience working on committees, task forces or similar settings;
- Demonstrated knowledge of quasi-judicial proceedings;
- Availability and willingness to attend meetings; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Members of the Committee shall be remunerated for their attendance at meetings and for their on-going review of background materials as may be provided by the Municipal Clerk.
If you wish to be considered for appointment to this Committee, please submit a completed application, outlining your experience and qualifications, to the Municipal Clerk’s Department, 40 Broadway Avenue, Wawa, Ontario P0S 1K0, by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, August 30, 2018. Application forms and further information, including the Terms of Reference of the Committee, is available at the Municipal Clerk’s office.