The province has enacted a declaration of emergency to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public.
As a result, the following establishments are required to close immediately:
- all bars and restaurants, except to the extent that such facilities provide takeout and food delivery
- all facilities providing indoor recreational programs
- all public libraries
- all private schools
- all licensed child care centres
- all movie cinemas
- all theatres, including those offering live performances of music, dance and other art forms
- all concert venues
- communal or shared, public or private, outdoor recreational amenities including but not limited to:
- sports fields
- basketball and tennis courts
- off-leash dog parks
- skateboard and BMX parks
- picnic areas
- outdoor community gardens
- park shelters
- outdoor exercise equipment
- condo parks and gardens
- other outdoor recreational amenities
Additionally, all organized public events of over 5 people are prohibited, including parades, events including weddings, social gatherings and communal services within places of worship.
This order would not apply to private households with five people or more. It would also not apply to operating child care centres supporting front line health care workers and first responders provided the number of persons at each centre does not exceed 50 people. Funerals would be permitted to proceed with up to 10 people at one time.
These orders will remain in place until the province ends the closures.