Third Party Advertising

Individuals, corporations and unions can register as third party advertisers and can also make contributions to third party advertisers.

Third party advertisers will need to register with the Municipality of Wawa Clerk’s Office and complete registration papers (available in May 2018). If they want to advertise in more than one municipality, they have to register in each municipality.

Registration allows a third party advertiser to promote or oppose any candidate that the electors in the Municipality of Wawa can vote for (local council or school board trustee positions).

Posters, signs, publications, etc., promoting or opposing candidates are ‘third party advertisements’.

Third party advertising must be done independently of candidates, who are not able to direct a third party advertiser. Candidates are not able to register as third party advertisers.

Registration for third party advertisers will open on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 and close on Friday, October 19, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.

For further information regarding the upcoming Municipal Election or Third Party Advertising, please contact Mr. Chris Wray, Clerk, at 705-856-2244, extension 223, or Ms. Cathy Cyr, Deputy Clerk, at 705- 856-2244, extension 222.

2018 Guide for Third Party Advertisers